10.14.2008

Young at the Xcel!

I've just arrived home from an exciting evening at the Xcel Energy Center with my friend Clay, seeing Neil Young! Sounded great, fun atmosphere, and an awful lot of people sneaking pot into a public-ish space! The open acts were some forgettable band called Everest, followed by Deathcab for Cutie, and then the main event. Wonderful music, wonderful time!

I've got a job. I'm not going to go into too many details until the details get straightened out, but basically, an exciting prospect awaits, and it's thanks to LinkedIn. I've been gathering clothing for the job, and excited about the challenge of wearing a tie 9 to 5!
Until that happens, though, I've decided to volunteer at the Como Zoo's Zoo Boo. Basically, a safe place for children to dress up in Halloween costumes, see cute little scenes and themes, and get free candy and [advertising] supplements from sponsors (like mini-boxes of cereal from the MANY grain companies around the Twin Cities- Pillsbury, General Mills, etc). I've gotten the Gorilla costume for a few nights, and a fish costume for the rest.

Ooh ooh! great news! Nikki and I've bought a new bed! A Sealy Beauty Rest. We got a pretty good deal, a good payment plan, and some Columbus Day discounts- it comes Saturday, and we cannot wait for it to arrive!

The MCAD art sale is happening a few weeks early, and Alumni can participate. I've bought some frames at Good Will, and some photo paper, so I'll be working on that for a few days.



Isn't that a kick? This company got bought out by Game Stop years ago, but, sigh, sometimes I miss the colourful store-front...

Well, I've got to shower up before bed. Tomorrow's a long day!

TTFN!

No comments: