2.04.2009

Oh Sean-y Booooy...

Last night I was at MCAD helping my friend Sean Lynch (http://www.tallsean.com/) letter a comic proposal. I can't go into the details, but it was a blast. It was like I was in college again, bombing through an all-nighter, sucking down mountain dew and exhausting diatribes and gossip. It got a little punchy, a little loud, and surrounded by comic students who are all in various stages of progress. Let's wish Sean good luck with the pitch!

Today I'm going to circuit city and write down some prices and brands of some of the high-def TVs on liquidation. It's going to be like a vulture picking on the scabs of a guy wandering on his hands and knees in a desert. I can't wait!

Friday is William Mitchell Prom. It's called something else, but for all intents and purposes, it's prom for law students. I'm excited to bust a move, and pass out some business cards.

Recently, I sent out a promotional CD with PDFs of my work, my cover letter, résumé, artist statement, etc... to various companies I'd like to work for. The most prominent in my mind is Bongo. I'd love to work for them, penciling or inking Simpsons comics. Say what you will about the quality of the show (I believe it's been down hill for the last 11 seasons), but the comics have been really something. I had picked up a copy of the 2008 Treehouse of Horror issue, and man-oh-man, it's effing gorgeous. The issue featured the Hernadez brothers. Really strange and vaguely homo (Homer?) erotic at the end. Great colour.

The job hunt's been going slow. I've been making a point of seriously looking each day, but finding work that's creative, and not flipping burgers has been difficult. I'm aiming high, and trying to expand my network. Dearest readers, hath thee any leads?

Well, the weather is sunny and the snow is melting, so I'm going to head out and tear some circuit city sinew. *evil cackle*

TTYL!

No comments: