2.16.2009

This one the contest at Har Mar, and I pocketed some change. Whee! So, I've put it up again, cause dangit, I'm proud of the old gal!

Photobucket

Still job hunting, still network mining, still preparing promotional materials, and strengthening bonds. Yesterday I had a meeting with a woman from a magazine publisher, and possibly might've hooked up some sort of freelance project. We shall see...!

Today, I'm specifically going to be working on a promotional piece that I can leave on bulletin boards, and on a page I want to use as a submission sample to places like Mirage or DC. I also believe I can start work on a smaller, more economical version of my portfolio (that's not 11 x 17 inches!), and begin making the files ready for on-demand printing. No good reason not to be doing such.

I've got the first 20 pages of Grover's Mom drawn, coloured, and re-lettered. Perhaps soon I can work on the last 20...

Apparently, they've redone the opening title sequence to the show:

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, it's truly beautiful in it's design, timing, and the little tiny details. But at the same time, it feels like it's embodying everything I don't like what's happened to the show since season 10: it's wacky. I've never thought of the show when it was what I considered good to be wacky and madcap- oh sure, there were times when it was wacky, to be sure, but the humor came from taking advantage of being animated to be understated and realistic with flourishes of not-real-at-all.
The other problem, to me, is that it's assuming viewer-knowledge. And for a show's opening sequence to assume that someone watching has been watching [consistently] for the last 20 years is hubris.

On another note, I stumbled on this severely extremist fundie site the other day while gathering reference photos of pterodactyls. Now, I'm not saying that having beliefs is wrong, and I'm not making fun of Jesus Christ, but seriously? What the eff's wrong with you if you believe that dinosaurs still roam the earth?
http://objectiveministries.org/creation/projectpterosaur.html

TTFN!

No comments: