11.26.2008

Thanksgiffing

I've been re-arranging the living room and baking some deserts to bring with us tomorrow. And job hunting. Still job hunting.

Tomorrow's going to be fun- Nikki and I are spending the morning at my parents, watching the parade, eating, and probably sleeping, then we're off to her aunt's house in Lino Lakes (about an hour away on a normal day), and proceeding to eat even more. The day'll end watching "Twilight," a movie I can sense I'm not at all the demographic for. In fact, I know this movie isn't for me, but Nikki's gotten hooked, and I suppose it won't be too bad. Just not looking forward to that!

I've been cooking a lot recently. Here's a modified pork-chop recipe I've built on*:

1) In a large bowl, whisk one egg and a few liberal splashes of milk.

2) In a separate bowl, crush about 2 dozen Keebler brand Club Crackers (good and buttery flavored, see).

3) Cut up a large apple (I'm talking LARGE apple here) into thick 1/2" slices lengthwise. Place in long buttered/Pam'd casserole dish, with about a 1/2" space between them.

4) Soak a tenderized pork chop in the milk, and then press the soppy chop into the cracker crumbs.

5) In a frying pan greased with about 2 tbs. of butter, briefly fry the chop until it's golden brown on the outside.

6) Gently place chop on top of apple slices.

7) Repeat about 3 times, since producers usually package three or four pork chops together.**

8) If you have extra slices, might as well throw a few on top of the chops, eh? I do, anyway.

9) This is the important part- pour some apple cider into the casserole dish. Not a lot, just enough to drench the bottom of the dish. You have the chops on apples to protect them from getting cider-wet.

10) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees (before you start), and cook the pork chops for 45 minutes.

* Based on a recipe from http://southernfood.about.com/od/porkchops/r/bln423.htm
** If you're not cooking for company, don't worry- these babies will taste good the next day if you re-heat them after refrigerating them.

Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!

TTFN

No comments: